Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Websites with Google

Who would have thought that I would create my own website...not me! I guess I proved myself wrong.  Creating a website with Google sites was very easy, however a few aspects of it took some patience.  Creating the basic layout was very simple, Google provides you with a variety of templates.  I was surprised at my confidence I had going into this final project.  I guess this class has provided me with a higher self-efficacy in regards to technology.  I created my site, navigation bar, (which was much simpler than the wiki navigation bar) and felt very accomplished after. My biggest issue with this project was mostly about making the website aesthetically pleasing.  Creating the appropriate white space-color space ratio was difficult.  I was pleased with the fact that I was able to find where to change the colors to the background, text, links, and much more through the manage site function.  In addition I had difficulty finding royalty free photos.  I found that the sites that provide photos that are not copyrighted were mostly posed.  They reminded me of the photos that are in picture frames when you buy them.  I eventually found what I was looking for after fishing for them, using most of my class time.
This project showed me how easy it is to create and modify a website, which is a tool that I could use for my classroom.  Having a page devoted to games, and online activities that my children can use could really be useful to them and their parents.  I am really excited about this creation, and hope that I am in an environment that my families with access and utilize this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment