Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Evaluation of a Website

 Last night I felt like a detective, searching through the pbsteachers website.  When evaluating the website I was surprised about the amount of details that I have not really paid attention to in the past when looking at websites. During the evaluation I was searching for items that would support the creditability of the site and nothing was really there.  However, because it was a branch of the pbs network there is already a positive and respectable reputation.The website was teacher and child friendly.  Navigation was very easy, and the aesthetics of the page was easy to follow.  
While looking at the website I was exposed to a new resource that I will be able to use in the classroom.  The site provided me with information that can be useful for me and my children. The great thing about this site is that I can work with a child on the website, or a children can work solo, or even in pairs.  The biggest lesson I learned is that evaluation is very important, unfortunately it is something that I have never really paid attention to. Being in the classroom and providing children with technology, I feel as though I owe it to the children to provide them with reputable sites and information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment